Metadata For Each Image
Each image has metadata information attached to each image file. That metadata comes with all images whether created on a PC or a MAC. The metadata is not attached by choice, it comes with all image files whether you know it or not.
That metadata discloses information about how the image was photographed, camera used, f-stops, and a wide list of additional information along with a specific location for assertion of copyright. (see full metadata file below). That metadata is automatically attached to each image file with no action required from the image originator, AND, the metadata "travels" with the image file whether you know it or not.
This is where you assert copyright ownership because it travels with the image and does not have to reference your website... which it doesn't.
See below for a screen capture of the metadata.
Some images were found on the internet.
No pictures were used that had a copyright notice that we could find.
Many images had no link to any source URL at all.
Copyright Infringement Notice
If you are a copyright holder who believes that any of content which is available via the Website is infringing copy of your work, please let us know.
A notification of claimed copyright infringement must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Specific identification of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of where the material believed to be infringed is located (please be as detailed as possible and provide a URL to help us locate the material you are reporting);
- Contact information for the complaining party, such as a complete name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the work(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
A notice of alleged copyright infringement should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The image below is derived from RIGHT CLICKING an image. That image can be a JPG. JPEG, GIF, WEBM. This image metadata is also attached to video files as well.
Right Click each image file to get this image properties popup. It pops up on PCs and MACs.
Then scroll down to all three images shown below - there are three in total.
After you click on "DETAILS" this window pops up on either PC or a MAC.
NOTE the option to state the copyright in this metadata file. REMEMBER this metadata file travels with each image whether you know it or not.
Below is the full display of ALL the data that this metadata file "can" contain. This file travels with each image file whether you filled it in or not. Some data is automatically filled in IF the image file was created by you using your camera. The camera fills in "some" of this metadata for you when it stores the image.